Presented by: Aldo Leopardi, BDS, DDS, MS
Complete Denture TherapyReceive updates on this topic! Download Brochure
“The gateway to overdenture and fixed implant therapy of the edentulous patient.”
Date: Coming Soon – 2012!
Location: Denver, Colorado
Duration: two and a half days
Included in the Program:
Course Manual. Value $279
Two DVD Set: The Complete Denture Technique. Four hours, the A-Z of Complete Denture Therapy. Included: Module on the Reline Impression Technique. Value $499
All Laboratory Course Materials Supplied
Hands-on and didactic.
Outline of Knowledge Factory Complete Denture Program-March
Session/Day One: Lecture Style Seminar
- Diagnosis, prognosis, treatment plan and patient evaluation.
- Preliminary (primary) impressions in alginate.
- Maxillary and mandibular custom trays.
- Secondary impressions, border molding techniques.
- Reline impressions.
- Make final impression in polyvinyl siloxane.
- Maxillomandibular Records (Lip Support, Lip Line, Midline, Cuspid Line, Occlusal Plane, Occlusal Vertical Dimension, Centric Relation Record).
- Facebow transfer.
- Tooth and shade selection.
- Complete denture occlusion: conventional buccalized vereses lingualized balanced occlusal concepts.
- Wax trial denture try-in: evaluate centric relation, phonetics and aesthetics.
- Clinical re-mount and adjustment.
- Denture try-in and insertion.
- Patient instructions for cleaning and maintaining prostheses.
Session/Day Two: Laboratory/Hands-on with Lecture
- Pour disinfected impressions in Type II gypsum.
- Fabrication of custom tray.
- Box and pour disinfected secondary impressions.
- Trim and key casts.
- Fabricate record bases and occlusion rims.
- Mount casts and arrange teeth 6 to 11. Lecture.
Part IV: Hands-on
- Arrange/Set upper and lower anterior teeth.
Part V: Hands-on
- Arrange/Set upper and lower posterior teeth.
Session/Day Three: Laboratory/Hands-on with Lecture
Part I: Hands-on
- Correct any changes made during try-in.
- Complete final wax contours.
- Prepare laboratory prescription.
Part II: Lecture, Mike Young
- Processing, finishing and dental laboratory considerations.
Part III: Lecture
- Fee structure.